Braun Silk-expert 3 BD3005 IPL with pouch
Our products are designed to meet the highest standards of quality, functionality and design. Using professional light technology, Braun Silk·expert Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) allows you to permanently remove unwanted, visible hair comfortably at home. Before using the device, please read the use instructions carefully, including all contraindications, warnings and safety information, and keep them for future reference. This device has been designed to effect long-term hair growth reduction after a certain period of treatment. Ideal body areas for use include:
Women: Legs, arms, underarms, bikini area and face (below cheek bones)
CAUTION: Do not use the device near the eyes and along the forehead.
Men: Shoulders and below (chest, back, arms, stomach, legs)
CAUTION: Do not use on the face, neck or genital area. Usage on male beards or facial hair may lead to permanent or uneven results which may produce changes in facial characteristics that may not be desirable.
Braun Silk·expert is not suitable for everyone. It is most effective on light to medium skin tones and dark hair colors. Please, refer to the skin tone and hair color chart on page 3 to see if the device is suitable for you.
How does it work?
Braun Silk·expert works beneath the skin surface by targeting the melanin in the hair follicle, helping to break the cycle of hair re-growth. With continued, periodic use, the light energy helps prevent unwanted hair from reaching the skin surface.
Depending on the area you wish to treat you can choose between Gliding mode and Precision mode: The gliding mode enables fast and efficient treatments and is recommended for large skin surface areas (e.g. legs, arms, chest and back) while the precision mode is recommended for treating sensitive or small, hard-to reach areas such as knees, shins, ankles, bikini line or underarm and face for females.
The area to be treated has to be hair-free, clean and dry. Before pressing the treatment button, look away from the device to avoid the bright light.
Gliding mode Precision mode
1. Place the treatment window (1) firmly on your skin, ensuring both skin sensors (2) have skin contact. Power bars (3) show white LEDs.
2. Press and hold the treatment button (5). The device will begin to flash.
2. Press and instantly release the treatment button (5). The device will emit a flash.
3. Move the device slowly and continuously from the bottom to the top of the treatment area. Make sure to always keep full skin contact so that the device flashes continuously.
3. Lift off the device and place it onto the next adjacent spot to be treated. Again, wait for the power bars to show white LEDs. Then press and release the treatment button. Once you have completed your first gliding stroke, lift the device off the treatment area. Repeat steps 1 to 3 to treat the next adjacent area in a parallel stroke. Continue treatment spot by spot until you have completed the entire area you wish to treat. Make sure to avoid missed areas by placing the treatment window directly next to the previously treated spot without leaving any space between treated areas. If you feel intense pain, stop treatment immediately and consult your physician before using the device again.
For sensitive areas (or first time users) you may set the device to Gentle mode by pressing the Gentle mode button (4). The Gentle mode indicator will illuminate to indicate it is activated. To de-activate Gentle mode, simply press the button (4) again. The Gentle mode indicator will go off and the device will return to its standard settings. Gentle Mode reduces the light intensity. More treatments may be required to see the desired effects. The Gentle Mode is also recommended when doing the monthly maintenance treatments.
After 10 minutes of inactivity, the device will revert to standby mode (which will be indicated by one blinking light on the power indicator bars). To return to READY mode, press any key or remove/replace the power cord.
If the device is not operated (no button push) for 60 minutes, it will enter sleep mode (low power state). The Power bar LEDs are off. To return to READY mode, press any key or remove/replace the mains cord. On wake-up the device will follow the standard Power on procedure (power bars will light up completely once).
Facial treatment (female usage only)
• Ensure you have done a patch test before treating the face (see chapter «Patch Test»).
• Remove any visible hair and cosmetics, lotions and creams from the area you wish to treat.
• You may choose to use a mirror to help position the treatment window on the face.
Treating the face, cheek and jaw (use the «Precision mode»)
Place the treatment window on your skin. Wait for the power bars to show white LEDs. Before pressing the treatment button, close your eyes or look away to avoid the bright light. Avoid treating the same area twice as this may increase the chance of producing adverse reactions.
Upper lip area
• Avoid contact with the lips and the nostrils. The central area below the nostrils is often sensitive.
• Do not use on permanent / semi-permanent lip liner on the lip margin.
• TIP: You can press your lips together to ensure that the light does not activate on the upper lip itself.
Neck and chin
Hair growth under the chin can be denser and coarser. This can sometimes lead to slight skin reddening following a treatment. This redness is temporary and should completely disappear after 24 hours.
• If redness or a burning sensation occurs and lasts for several minutes, apply a cool cloth/pad to soothe the area.
• If any pigment changes in the skin, e.g., lightening or darkening, are observed, stop using the device.
Seek medical advice to determine the cause which may be due to an underlying medical condition.
Start-up phase one treatment per week (4-12 times)
Maintenance treatment continue treating to your needs, e.g. once a month.
The typical hair growth cycle varies between individuals and could take up to 16 months depending on body area (underarm, lower leg, bikini area). Since only hairs in their growing phase are susceptible to treatment with light, it is important to do multiple treatments to achieve continuously smooth skin. For this reason, we recommend a start-up phase with one treatment per week over a period of 4 -12 weeks.
In case you no longer see hair growing, you do not need to complete the full 12 weekly treatments. You can switch to the maintenance treatments.
Once you have completed your treatment, unplug the power supply from the electrical outlet to turn off the device.
Do not touch or clean the glass filter (10) for at least 5 minutes after use to allow it to cool down.
After treatment, we recommend using sunscreen SPF 15 whenever treated areas may be exposed to the sun. We recommend avoiding exposure to artificial light sources, such as tanning booths or solariums.
Avoid any activity or skin products that may irritate your skin for 24 hours after treatment. This includes using hot tubs or saunas, wearing tight-fitting clothing, using bleaching creams, perfumed products or peeling products. The above may cause irritation, such as itching and redness, in the treated areas.